We are seeking mathematics production editors. Our publications are subject to a rigorous production process, high typesetting standards, and editing for grammar, consistency and clarity of exposition.
- a background in mathematics or natural sciences;
- good knowledge of LaTeX;
- strong command of written English;
- a computer and strong familiarity with its operating system;
- willingness to learn thoroughly from printed and online manuals.
The ideal candidate will also have
- mathematics or physics graduate-student background;
- excellent esthetic sense;
- thorough knowledge of LaTeX and some familiarity with TeX primitives;
- working knowledge of Unix-like command line (Linux, Mac OS X).
Most work is done remotely, but you must be able to attend initial meetings in person (about two weeks). We are looking for part-time and potentially full-time trainee editors under a freelance or contract-to-hire arrangement. You must be available to work at least 15 hours per week. If you’re located in the United States, you must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Please submit résumés in PDF or plain text only.
MSP is looking for a long-term data-integrity specialist to work for about 15–20 hours per week.
The employee’s primary duty will involve checking and correcting metadata for articles submitted for publication in our journals. Secondary duties may include investigating bounced emails and research for special projects. Attention to detail is a must.
The start date is flexible. Training will take place in our Berkeley office and may last up to a month. After the training period, remote work on a flexible schedule may be possible.
- strong computer literacy;
- close attention to detail;
- able to quickly adapt to and learn our various data systems;
- strong research skills;
- must be prompt and responsible;
- strong research skills are a plus;
- familiarity with LaTeX a plus;
- multilingual skills a plus, especially in Chinese.