Work available at MSP
Mathematical Sciences Publishers, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt corporation, is looking for a Data Integrity Specialist to join a small team of experienced professionals. An ideal candidate is one who constantly seeks ways to improve, is passionate about doing great work, and takes pleasure from being thorough and efficient. This position is part-time (15-20 hours a week) and 100% remote, with a starting pay between $17-$19/hour dependent on experience.
About the team
MSP’s data and research team maintains an extensive database of authors and referees connected to our research journals and publishing services. We facilitate peer review and the publishing process by ensuring that this data is correct and up-to-date, redirecting missed email correspondence, flagging and correcting duplications, and processing and recording copyright information. Our team culture is built on clear communication of team priorities, responsibilities, and expectations, so we always know what we're doing and why we're doing it.
- You must live and be authorized to work in the US (any state).
- You must own a computer and be familiar with operating it.
- A reliable internet connection which will allow you to attend (mostly audio) meetings remotely.
- Ability to read and write in English at a professional level.
- Ability to maintain focus while doing repetitive tasks.
- Task-oriented, attentive to detail, and capable of problem-solving: You complete tasks with a high level of accuracy. You notice when something seems “off” or requires further investigation. You are able to find and synthesize information from multiple sources to find the right answer to a question.
- Self directed and self motivated: You make active use of available knowledge resources, including coworkers or managers. You acknowledge and fix your mistakes, and use them as learning opportunities.
- Respect for diverse backgrounds: You work effectively with staff and clients from around the world, and who may favor a wide variety of communication styles. You strive to contribute to a culture of mutual trust and respect in the workplace.
Not Required, But a Plus
- Familiarity with academia and academic publishing.
- Language skills outside of English, particularly the ability to read and write Chinese.
- Remote work, flexible work hours, and an understanding that we are whole people, and that work is just one part of our lives.
- An organization that cares about producing high quality work, and providing you the resources to do so.
- Management that actively seeks out diverse perspectives, and a chance to shape company culture and policy as we grow.
- An opportunity to work for a mission-driven organization striving to create equity both in business model and internal practices.
MSP is a scholar-led nonprofit publisher whose mission is to serve the math community through high-quality publishing at reasonable prices, and help others do the same. In addition to publishing our own growing portfolio of 20 journals in mathematics research and related areas, we prepare articles for publication for third-party journals, develop software for managing journals and peer review (EditFlow), and celebrate the people of mathematics (celebratio.org). Our work is appreciated by our readers, authors (msp.org/authquotes/), and users (msp.org/editflow/quotes/).
Please email your résumé and cover letter as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please let us know how your past experience and/or current skills relate to this position.